The Communications group sub-committee have been asked to find a way to match free Helms with willing Crews, to allow for more members to get out on the water sailing…
Our solution; A online form where you can post your interest, whether you’re looking for a crew or a helm and when, which boats you would ideally like to sail (no preference being an option) and a space to leave contact details for your respective helping hand to get in contact with you.
The responses from these questionnaires are then automatically put into a spreadsheet where you can access information given by other people as to who they’re looking for.
So! For this to work for you, Follow this step by step guide!
1) Click on this link to get into the responses spread sheet – https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6-_0dubmmxeqP_hLQAYT3MF5-A84ehTF5T05b30b5c/edit?usp=sharing%3Chttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i6-_0dubmmxeqP_hLQAYT3MF5-A84ehTF5T05b30b5c/edit?usp=sharing%3E
2) Have a look to see whether there are any people/ boats on there that you would like to sail with.
3) If there is, then grab their contact details and get in touch!
4) If there isn’t anything applicable already on the spreadsheet, then please fill in the form through this link – Google Form
5) From this point, you then wait until someone gets in contact with you! If someone gets into contact with you from the responses sheet, please log back into the responses spreadsheet and either STRIKETHROUGH the entry under your name, or COLOUR CODE IT RED, this will allow other people to not get into contact with you when you already have a respective pair of hands in your boat. If you’re looking for 2 crew, feel welcome to leave your entry up until both spaces have been filled!
Hope this all works smoothly for you and Happy Sailing!